Ray[s]ville

Monday, November 13, 2006

At our LasT......



Last friday was my last bible study session for the year 2006 with Politeknik students. I have decided that it would be a good time to have a closing for our bible study. Therefore i decided to do two things for our last bible study together. First, we did a honest with God approach bible study.

We use manuscript from 1 Peter 2:1-5 then 9-10. It was the most simple bible study method. It just amazing how the usage of "bare lines" could potray dissagrement, struggles and achievements. It was something simple, yet hard to do.

The reason being is that it forces us to look at ourself at the mirror.. to see the real us. With "bare lines" as expresions, we identify with God's Word. We also struggle and wrestle with issues that clings our hearts. Most importantly when we come to God in honesty, we are stripped from everything which eventually lead us to come to God in total humility.

I'm glad that the students appreciated it. Before we ended, i asked if any of them wanted to share. None did. I was not sure then whether they were captured by the Word. But later i realised that to many of them, it was difficult to share and i understand that. A student came to me and said 'thank you.' When i asked why, he answered, "The passage today was meant for him" He struggles but he seems glad to able to be honest with God. I know this because when i do it, it wasn't easy too..

Inspired by Annette, i have also decided to have a bible quiz for the students. Over the months, we have look into some encounters of Jesus, Jonah and also the book of Philippians. I design some quiz questions and gave the students at the end of the bible study. You can't imagine the looks of the students face when i announced that we'll be having a quiz. Poor fellas, they never saw it coming... hehe. Perhaps it's also because that they will be having their finals soon.

Anyway, it was also a meaningful moment. Andy, scored the highest points. He is a regular comer for the Bible study. Later, i reminded the students about being a Wordilicious Investigators... to dig deep into the Word of God.

I have always appreciated this bible study. Why?
1. It forces me to stretch myself, thinking out of the box and digging deeper in the Word.
2. It was a venue for me to encounter God as well. Even as i prepare for it, i could also feel God was dealing with me.
3. I was so inspired by these students who comes with a heart of wanting to have more of God's Word.

Before i end, to all the Politeknik students, all the best in your exams. Let us be Wordilicious Investigators at anytime and anywhere...


The students after the received their quiz results.
The above pic is before they received it. hehe


Our discoveries about God and self.

That's Andy in the middle.

From left: Colin, Simon, Sam (the one who drank from the sea), Baralyn (blue t-shirt), I forget her name (sorry), Paya (Pink t-shirt) and the nakal James.

The most handsome person is in the red t-shirt :p

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the beautiful photos Ray. To see Lio Mato again is like a dream to me as I used to see old friends there during my schooldays at Govt Secondary School in Marudi in the late 60s. As native of Bakong, like my Kenyah relatives, I miss and love my birthplace more than anything else you see. And I hope Lio Mato still remembers me. Adieu my dear friends. Be a true Malaysian but remember our school principal Mr Pritler from England. Saji Yahya.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:44 pm  

  • Thanks for the beautiful photos Ray. To see Lio Mato again is like a dream to me as I used to see old friends there during my schooldays at Govt Secondary School in Marudi in the late 60s. As native of Bakong, like my Kenyah relatives, I miss and love my birthplace more than anything else you see. And I hope Lio Mato still remembers me. Adieu my dear friends. Be a true Malaysian but remember our school principal Mr Pritler from England. Saji Yahya.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home