Ray[s]ville

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I see monkeys jumping... (to the tune of, i see dead people)


More than half of my month of August have just swift passed by. At the moment i'm trying to recalled some thoughts and feelings of these passed days. I remembered being extremely tired during the first week. I dreaded the time when i forced myself awake at 5.15 in the morning. Very much hated the time i spent waiting, especially in the car. Be at my very best behaviour by being supportive, always smiling while gesturing help whereas deep in my soul i was insecure and terrified. All done in the name of commitment for the one i whom cherished. :p

I gave thanks for the retreat we had. If there's one thing i have remembered from the retreat, it's has to be the moment of silence i had with God. It was something that i really badly needed to have. During one of our meditation and quieting down, Ohtawa read a portion from the Henry Nouwen's book (Here and now) that caught my heart. It was a portion that described how sometimes we are distracted by jumping monkeys on a banana tree (figure of speech) as we start to quieten ourselves down to meditate or to pray. I giggled at first, then i ponder at how true the profound statement was. I do feel the presence of these jumping monkeys. Been trying to identify these different monkeys ever since.... hehe.

I have make it a point to set a time apart for me to be silent and to reflect. I'm convince that it would be good for me. It would be a concerntrated effort to create time and space made available for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home