Ray[s]ville

Friday, August 04, 2006

To Paul, a letter from my heart.

Did a reflection on Philippians chapter one.
Decided to write a letter to Paul...

......................................................

Dearest Paul,

Greetings in the Name of our Father Art in heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ. How are you? All of us are worried and terrified when we heard of your arrest. Did they hurt you? Do have enough to eat? I pray and hope that you would not have to be forced to endure any of this bitter ordeal, that you would be spared from being their captive. We are touched and deeply moved by your praying spirit. Personally, I felt the same way for your passion for God. Even in the midst of hardship, you took time to encourage and even pray for us. For that, we are truly grateful.

I must admit, I’m startled and threatened by what have be fold upon you. There were times when I should have been courageous, but I chose not to. There were times when I could have shared Christ but yet again I have chose not to. I’m ashamed of myself for choosing to stay in my comfortable and safe zone when I knew I shouldn’t.

Your courage has inspired me. Your small and humble written words in your letter was enough to leave a big slap bruises on my cheeks. Don’t get me wrong, your letter was neither condemning nor judging. Reading your words translated to a faith in action was unbearable. It leaves me to ponder of myself and my shameful deeds. I almost felt like I was beaten up and left to reflect upon my life. Surely, reflect was what I did.

Nevertheless, it’s always encouraging seeing someone like you, standing up and pressing forward for the glory of God. Thank you for your letter. It has changed most of my standings with regards to Faith. It has spurred me to change, to be a better man. Before I end, I must say that you have a heart that beats after God’s heart.

Your humbled Brother in Christ,
Ray

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home